- Notification Date: 14.03.2016
- Date of examination: From May end 2016 (Three Days)
- Engineering Branches which are eligible:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Age Limit: 21 to 30 years (1st January of Examination Year)
(However certain categories of persons (SC, ST & OBC) and certain departmental candidates are eligible for age relaxation).
- Educational qualifications: A degree in Engineering from a recognized university or equivalent. M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects are also eligible. Candidates appearingÂ their final year engineering degree examination or equivalent are also eligible.
|Engineering Service Examinations|
|CE||ME||EE||E & T||TOTAL|
Cut Off Marks For ESE-2014
The candidate should secure minimum qualifying marks in each paper and also in aggregate of the three objective papers.The total marks of the last candidate finally selected for appointment are given below.
|Total Marks for Selected Appointment (out of 1200)|
| The All India 1st Ranker in ESE-2014 secured following marks
Each Paper: 200 Marks; Interview: 200 Marks; Total: 1200 Marks
|AIR||Discipline(Engg.)||GS||Obj 1||Obj 2||Conv 1||Conv 2||Interview||Total|
In view of the mammoth syllabus and tough competition in ESE, only a few candidates can get good ranks in their very first attempt. Majority of the candidates get good ranks in their 2nd or 3rd or higher attempts. A proper guidance and good coaching will help a lot in the preparation for ESE to secure a good rank. THE GATE COACH with its vast experience in the coaching for competitive exams in engineering, good track record and its honesty in declaring the results, is the best choice for the aspirants.